Firstly, it’s a fun way to spend your time in the best outdoors areas near Sydney! You get to visit and explore great new places and it gets you out of the city and makes you feel really good when you’re there and afterwards. Of course you’ll get some great exercise, with some other cool people and just a great way to spend a few hours or a day.
Our women’s trail-running squad is specifically for beginners so no you do not need to be a super hero runner! A little exercise will help of course but this is for women that are just starting out so we take it easy and stay together.
All our hiking adventures are graded so you have a realistic expectation of the terrain, time on your feet and details of the type of walk we are doing. The hikes are designed to be able to be challenging whatever your current level of fitness. You don’t need to be a super-fit gym junkie or ultra-runner, it’s about a little mental toughness which we shall help you build!
The people that join us on our adventures are friendly, supportive and here for a fun day. Zoe and Lesley our Leaders are there to care, guide and help you have a great day out. You will be welcomed to our adventures and looked after. If you would like to speak to us before just give us a call.
Not at all. Our Leaders, Zoe and Lesley provide the navigation for the walks and you do not need to worry about any of this. Our walks generally stick to well designated paths in the National Parks. The main reason we do this is to promote minimal impact practises and look after the environments we enjoy.
No, we provide you with all the details of where we are going, where to meet and what to bring. You just need to turn up ready to enjoy the day. It really is that easy. We want everyone to have a fun time and come back for more!
One reason is we love what we do so our passion rubs off into our groups, we have fun, we laugh a lot and we like to do fun stuff outdoors.
Exploring new areas, doing something active at the weekends, getting fitter, learning new tips, having the day organised are all reasons people join us, we can’t wait to meet new adventurers!
- Minimum age is 18 for the adventures.
- The Adventure Project reserves the right to change Terms & Conditions at any time.
- To take part in The Adventure Project activities, participants must complete and return the Medical History, Indemnity and Release form
- These Terms and Conditions and your membership are governed by the laws of Australia and New South Wales as is appropriate.
Risk & Insurance
- The Adventure Project Leaders are qualified in first aid, insured for public liability and adhere to strict risk management plans for the adventures.
- Medical & Indemnity Form. Emergency contact details provided by the date requested.
- The Adventure Project has public liability insurance but does not provide individual insurance for personal property & medical and ambulance cover.
- Participants accept the risk and dangers associated with participating in adventures in harsh, remote and unpredictable environments.
- Please follow the instructions of your Leaders at all times. If you decide to not stay with the group or leave the adventure early you do so at your own risk and are responsible for any potential accidents or medical issues that could arise as a result.
- Participants must complete The Adventure Project Medical & Indemnity Form provided to the participant when a trip is booked. This form must be returned to The Adventure Project at least 48 hours before the adventure trip commences.
- Participants must disclose any known medical issues, injuries, fitness concerns, allergies, food intolerances, before the start of any adventure trip.
- Participants must ensure they are in a suitable health condition to undertake the chosen adventure trip.
- The Adventure Project is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to it’s website.
- The Adventure Project will ensure as far as possible that personal information collected through the website is used only for the purposes set out in this policy.
- The Adventure Project will retain your personal information, including but not limited to; your name, your address, your contact numbers and your e-mail address.
- Your personal information is stored on the database of The Adventure Project and will be removed by The Adventure Project within a reasonable time of your email request.
- Your personal information may be used by The Adventure Project in a number of ways, including; the purpose for which the information was requested, to promote The Adventure Project and it’s products and services.
- You will only receive marketing and promotional material from The Adventure Project if you have given your permission to receive such material
- If at anytime you would like to unsubscribe please email The Adventure Project with your request to do so
- The Adventure Project does not disclose personal information to any 3rd parties unless required by law to do so
- If your personal information does change, please let The Adventure Project know so we can continue to provide you with relevant information
- The Adventure Project will take reasonable steps to maintain the security of and prevent unauthorised access to or to disclosure of your personal information but cannot guarantee that unauthorised access to your personal information will not occur.
The adventure trips will proceed in all weather conditions unless in the event of extreme weather conditions, The Adventure Project deems it unsafe in which case the walk will be cancelled. This decision will be taken by 5.30am of the morning of the adventure and participants notified by SMS. Unless cancellation notification is sent out the adventure trip will be proceeding.
Refund & Cancellations
Participants will be notified of the cost to secure the booking.
If a client cancels a booking, payment is non-refundable unless the client finds a replacement person in which case 100% refund of monies paid will be provided.
If The Adventure Project cancels the adventure trip due to extreme or unsafe weather conditions or any other reason, participants will be able to use the monies paid for this trip towards a future adventure trip.
- When a participant is booking on a trip, within the Medical History, Indemnity and Health form, participants are asked if photos of them are permitted to be used by The Adventure Project on social media
- If a participants selects yes, the participant is allow The Adventure Project free and unlimited use of any images or material via social media channels. The Adventure Project acknowledges that any other proprietary rights that you may have will otherwise remain with the client.
- If an adventure trip requires minimum numbers to proceed, these will be publicised and advised in the description of the trip.
- The Adventure Project reserves the right to cancel the trip if these minimum numbers are not met, the participants will be provided with 48 hours notice minimum of cancellation if this occurs.