It’s a fantastic way to exercise in completely different environments. Whether you’re a road runner, new to running, a gym junkie, anyone can run on the trails! You get to explore some of the best national parks and regions, get off the beaten tracks, get out of the city. It’s a different type of running, using a lot more muscle groups and you build up a lot of upper body, core and leg strength. The time goes a lot faster running on the trail as there’s so much more going on and also to see out there!
Our women’s trail-running squad is specifically for beginners so no you do not need to be a super hero runner! Having some basic fitness does help but this is for women that are just starting out on the trails so we take it easy and stay together. We grade the runs into those for complete newbies and those for our regular runners so you can self seed. Trail running involves a lot of walking too so it’s not all running. We climb stairs, rocks, scramble sometimes but everyone in our group can manage this as we look after everyone really well.
The people that are The Adventure Project are friendly, supportive and here for a great time. We look after everyone, make sure we are safe and that we all have the best time. Everyone is welcome, we are a diverse group of women and that is what makes our group so special and supportive. Come and join us and you’ll see why we are the most fun run group in Sydney!
A base level of fitness is definitely advisable. Whether that is from road running, swimming, cycling, the gym or whatever exercise you already do, it helps make it a more enjoyable experience. In terms of technical skills, no none are required. We advise you how to run on the trails and it really is a case of the more you do the better you become!
- Minimum age is 18 for the adventures.
- Reserve the right to change Terms & Conditions at any time.
- To take part in The Adventure Project activities, participants must complete and return the Medical History, Indemnity and Release form
- These Terms and Conditions and your membership are governed by the laws of Australia and New South Wales as is appropriate.
Risk & Insurance
- The Adventure Project Leaders are qualified in first aid, insured for public liability and adhere to strict risk management plans for the adventures.
- Medical & Indemnity Form. Emergency contact details provided by the date requested.
- The Adventure Project has public liability insurance but does not provide individual insurance for personal property & medical and ambulance cover.
- Accept the risk and dangers associated with participating in adventures in harsh, remote and unpredictable environments.
- Please follow the instructions of your Leaders at all times. If you decide to not stay with the group or leave the adventure early you do so at your own risk and are responsible for any potential accidents or medical issues that could arise as a result.
- Participants must complete The Adventure Project Medical & Indemnity Form provided to the participant when a trip is booked. This form must be returned to The Adventure Project at least 48 hours before the adventure trip commences.
- Participants must disclose any known medical issues, injuries, fitness concerns, allergies, food intolerances, before the start of any adventure trip.
- Participants must ensure they are in a suitable health condition to undertake the chosen adventure trip.
- The Adventure Project reserves the right to remove participants from our group for reasons that impact on the enjoyment or safety of the other group members, but not limited to, the physical, medical or mental inability of participants to undertake the arrangements of the tour, unsocial or unruly behaviour, or the carriage of prohibited substances and materials.
- The Adventure Project is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to it’s website.
- The Adventure Project will ensure as far as possible that personal information collected through the website is used only for the purposes set out in this policy.
- The Adventure Project will retain your personal information, including but not limited to; your name, your address, your contact numbers and your e-mail address.
- Your personal information is stored on the database of The Adventure Project and will be removed by The Adventure Project within a reasonable time of your email request.
- Your personal information may be used by The Adventure Project in a number of ways, including; the purpose for which the information was requested, to promote The Adventure Project and it’s products and services.
- You will only receive marketing and promotional material from The Adventure Project if you have given your permission to receive such material
- If at anytime you would like to unsubscribe please email The Adventure Project with your request to do so
- The Adventure Project does not disclose personal information to any 3rd parties unless required by law to do so
- If your personal information does change, please let The Adventure Project know so we can continue to provide you with relevant information
- The Adventure Project will take reasonable steps to maintain the security of and prevent unauthorised access to or to disclosure of your personal information but cannot guarantee that unauthorised access to your personal information will not occur.
The events will proceed in all weather conditions unless in the event of extreme weather conditions, The Adventure Project deems it unsafe in which case the event will be cancelled. This decision will be taken by 6:00 am of the morning of the event and participants notified by SMS. Unless cancellation notification is sent out the adventure trip will be proceeding.
Refund & Cancellations
100% of the day walk cost is payable to secure the booking.
If a client cancels a booking, payment is non-refundable unless the client finds a replacement person in which case 100% refund of monies paid will be provided.
If The Adventure Project cancels the adventure trip due to extreme or unsafe weather conditions or any other reason, participants will be able to use the monies paid for this trip towards a future adventure trip.
- When a participant is booking on a trip, within the Medical History, Indemnity and Health form, participants are asked if photos of them are permitted to be used by The Adventure Project on social media
- If a participants selects yes, the participant is allow The Adventure Project free and unlimited use of any images or material via social media channels. The Adventure Project acknowledges that any other proprietary rights that you may have will otherwise remain with the client.
- If an adventure trip requires minimum numbers to proceed, these will be publicised and advised in the description of the trip.
- The Adventure Project reserves the right to cancel the trip if these minimum numbers are not met, the participants will be provided with 24 hours notice minimum of cancellation if this occurs.